Tips & Strategies - ACT Science Section
Each section of the ACT is challenging and requires a plan to earn your Personal A+™
- You have 35 minutes to answer 40 questions.
- The Science section is really a reasoning or logic test.
- The focus is on interpreting data and information and making logical conclusions - NOT knowings specific scientific facts.
Selected Tips & Strategies
- Practice, practice, practice. The science section of the ACT is unlike any test you take in school. In order to be prepared, you must practice – a lot.
- The ACT does not test your science knowledge per se. It tests your ability to read, interpret, and analyze graphs, charts, and tables – based on science. Again, practice if you want to do well!
- Yes, you should read the small paragraphs in each science passage, but do so quickly. Most of the questions will refer back to the graphs, charts, and tables.