ACT Science Section Highlights
- You have 35 minutes to answer 40 questions.
- The Science section is really a reasoning or logic test.
- The focus is on interpreting data and information and making logical conclusions – NOT knowings specific scientific facts.
Selected Tips & Strategies
- Practice, practice, practice. The science section of the ACT is unlike any test you take in school. In order to be prepared, you must practice – a lot.
- The ACT does not test your science knowledge per se. It tests your ability to read, interpret, and analyze graphs, charts, and tables – based on science. Again, practice if you want to do well!
- Yes, you should read the small paragraphs in each science passage, but do so quickly. Most of the questions will refer back to the graphs, charts, and tables.
Do you want full access to all of the ACT English Section Tips & Strategies, Do’s and Dont’s, Study Rules, and Pacing suggestions? Order ACT Success Online today!