Tips & Strategies - ACT Math Section
Each section of the ACT is challenging and requires a plan to earn your Personal A+™
- 60 Multiple Choice questions are to be completed in 60 minutes.
- There is NO penalty for guessing.
- Questions increase in difficulty throughout the test.
Selected Tips & Strategies
- Pace yourself wisely. For most students, this means using about 25 minutes for the first thirty questions and the remaining 35 minutes for the last thirty questions.
- Remember, this is the only section of the ACT where questions are mostly arranged in order of difficulty.
- Diagrams are almost always drawn to scale, even though ACT claims otherwise. Use this knowledge to your advantage to help estimate.
- Calculators are allowed; use your calculator when necessary.