The Night Before the ACT Test
- Gather supplies such as your ID, ACT confirmation slip, sharpened pencils, erasers, watch, and calculator. **Be sure to check the ACT web site for info on approved calculators, time keeping devices, IDs, etc**
- Check the batteries in your calculator to be sure that they are new enough that they don’t run out during the test.
- Pack a light lunch/snack for the break tomorrow. Your body and brain will need to refuel for the last half of the testing day.
- If you are taking the test at a location other than your school, be sure that you know how to get there and where to park.
- Do NOT do a new practice test: if you are having an “off night”, it may affect your confidence.
- If you feel the need to study, review the rules and strategies from ACT SUCCESS as well as any notes you may have taken and any errors from your practice tests.
- Do not drastically alter your habits. For example, do not force yourself to go to bed at 8:30 pm when you usually don’t go to bed until 11 pm. If you do it will most likely cause anxiety rather than leaving you well rested.
- If you choose to go out, take responsibility for your own transportation to alleviate the stress this would cause if you were relying on friends to take you home.